The growing interest in wine related tourism has led us to establish tourist visits that would allows to share a little of this ancient know-how and provide at the same time a pleasant visit in a unique environment.
The Pereira de Fonseca Family personally invites and welcomes you at Quinta do Sanguinhal. On your visit, you will travel through 100 years of Portuguese wine making. We provide an enjoyable alternative to the usual circuits.
Quinta do Sanguinhal
- Walking to the vineyards and to the 19th century gardens around the family house
- Visit an old distillery that was in use until 1970. There were produced brandies and grappa
- Visit a pressing-room with stone and wood manual winepresses dated 1871
- Visit an ageing cellar of liquor wines and brandies with 36 barrels
- Taste 6 wines.
Quinta das Cerejeiras
- Visit to the exterior of Abel Pereira da Fonseca's home, founder of Companhia Agrícola do Sanguinhal (C.A.S.), a house designed by the Portuguese renowned arquitect Norte Junior (first half of the 20 th century);
- Visit to the Madre de Deus Chapel - 16 th century -, whose walls are covered with 17 th Century tiles;
- Walk around the Family House's Garden with its mazes and small charming nooks.
- Visit to the museum: old cellar with oak casks, ancient objects and equipments used in C.A.S. wine production history;
- Quinta das Cerejeiras Wine Boutique, instaled in the former company's office.
Option A: A 1h30m visit with wine tasting (2white wines, 1 rose wine, 2 red wines, 1 fortified wine, crackers, regional cheese and traditional sweets, 2 persons minimum).
Option B: A 1h30m visit with wine tasting (same as described above) and a meal served as a buffet with all the wines from the wine tasting available (aprox. 3h visit - 20 persons minimum)
Menu: Vegetable cream soup, baked spicy chorizo on bread, scrambled eggs with farinheira, sausage rolls, mini shrimp and leek tarts, cheese platter, roast pork with special sauce, baked potatoes, tomato salad, regional bread and corn bread, mini traditional custard cakes, cake "Pão de Ló", chocolate cake, fruit (3 varieties) aged spirit, coffee and tea.
Notes: We can add a dish of traditionally oven-cooked cod with spinach or coriander, at an extra cost.
The visit can be done in, portuguese, english, german, french and spanish.
Quinta das Cerejeiras
Museum Visit: Tasting: 2 wines (at the Wine Boutique). Experience length: 30 min. to 45 min.
Museum's Visit and Wine Tasting: Commented tasting: 4 wines (at the Wine Boutique) Experience length: 1 hour.
Payment available with Paypal.